Offering organizations, publications, links and other items, it is hoped this page will add to your writing knowledge and success. Dig in! Check out the other pages on this website which might offer what you are seeking (like Books for Writers). Can’t find what you need? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll see what I can do. I can’t make any promises, but I will try. – Linda
Independent Publisher turns the spotlight on the importance of small presses. Visit their site for more information: https://independentpublisher.com/
Write on the Sound: https://www.writeonthesound.com/ In the City of Edmonds, Washington, they offer an annual conference and other resources. “Founded in 1985, Write on the Sound writers’ conference (WOTS) is a small, affordable conference focused on the craft of writing. A variety of sessions, workshops and panel discussions are available for all levels and interests, including valuable information regarding today’s writing and publishing industry.” (from the WOTS site)
Visit the WOTS site and see the Activity Notices here for more information about the current conference, which will be on-line.
Creative Nonfiction offers a fine selection of both paid and free webinars and workshops. Check them out at: https://creativenonfiction.org/cnf-education/
National Novel Writing Month offers an annual get-it-together online support activity for writers who are challenged to complete a 50,000 word draft of their novel. Check it out at: https://nanowrimo.org/ They accept donations to help with their ongoing programs, particularly for youth who want to write.
Spark Central is located in Kendall Yards and offers workshops, playshops and other activities including writing sessions. Focused primarily on youth, there are a few ideas for adults that might be of interest (e.g. the following session). Check out their site: https://spark-central.org/
TUESDAYS · 5:30 – 7 PM
Adults & Teens · Aspiring writers unite! You’re invited to be a part of our supportive writers’ community. Bring works in progress to share, get inspired with creative prompts and spend some focused time writing. Hosted by local writers Jenny Davis and Hannah Engel.
This program is free thanks to community support. Join us for Drop in & Write on any Tuesday!
(CHECK OUT OUR POETS AMONG US PAGE for another Spark Central adult activity offering.)
- Merriam-Webster, Inc. is an American company that publishes reference books and is especially known for its dictionaries. It is the oldest dictionary publisher in the United States. In 1831, George and Charles Merriam founded the company as G & C Merriam Co. in Springfield, Massachusetts.Wikipedia https://www.merriam-webster.com/
- Dictionary.com is an online dictionary whose domain was first registered on May 14, 1995. The primary content on Dictionary.com is a proprietary dictionary based on Random House Unabridged Dictionary, with editors for the site providing new and updated definitions.Wikipedia https://www.dictionary.com/
- The Collins English Dictionary is a printed and online dictionary of English. It is published by HarperCollins in Glasgow.Wikipedia https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/
- vocabulary.com was first indexed by Google more than 10 years ago https://www.vocabulary.com/
- Wikipedia is a multilingual free online encyclopedia written and maintained by a community of volunteers through open collaboration and a wiki-based editing system. Its editors are known as Wikipedians. Wikipedia is the largest and most-read reference work in history.Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/
- yourdictionary.com was first indexed by Google more than 10 years ago https://www.yourdictionary.com/
- The Free Dictionary is an American online dictionary and encyclopedia that aggregates information from various sources.Wikipedia https://www.thefreedictionary.com/
- Wiktionary is a multilingual, web-based project to create a free content dictionary of terms in all natural languages and in a number of artificial languages.Wikipedia https://en.wiktionary.org/
- Wordnik, a nonprofit organization, is an online English dictionary and language resource that provides dictionary and thesaurus content. Some of the content is based on print dictionaries such as the Century Dictionary, the American Heritage Dictionary, WordNet, and GCIDE.Wikipedia https://www.wordnik.com/
- Urban Dictionary is a crowdsourced online dictionary for slang words and phrases, operating under the motto “Define Your World.” The website was founded in 1999 by Aaron Peckham.Wikipedia https://www.urbandictionary.com/
- definitions.net was first indexed by Google more than 10 years ago https://www.definitions.net/
- thesaurus.com was first indexed by Google more than 10 years ago https://www.thesaurus.com/